Friday 9 March 2012

Assignment four

This assignment is in two parts.  The first part is to do a drawing of a model in a seated position.  Allowing 2 hours for the completed drawing, we were to focus on line and shape rather than tone.  Some exploratory sketches were also required.

I started off by doing a couple of drawings using chalk.  For some reason I really like using this material.  I think it's something about the contrast of white on a solid black background.


I had to use myself as a model again, as nobody in my house would ever sit still for two hours, unless they were asleep!
  I decided that I would try another medium for my final piece which was drawn using brown ink and a dip pen.  I wasn't brave enough to just start drawing with the ink and I had to put in a few pencil lines to guide me.  I can't quite get the hang of the dip pen.  It either refuses to hold the ink or spills it all over the page.  This is the final drawing.  I must admit certain features are slightly off, like my skinny arms and tiny hands with too many fingers, but sadly I cannot use tippex!


No comments:

Post a Comment