Thursday 29 March 2012

Assignment four- part 2

This is the second part of assignment four.  For this drawing we were to have our model in a reclining pose, and to focus on tone rather than line.  We were to explore the subject's pictorial possibilities and to use different tools for the preliminary drawings before deciding which to use in the final work.


My first drawing was done in black and white pastel on buff coloured paper.
 I then went on to do a coloured pastel drawing but again I think it lacked a strong contrast between light and shade.

For my third drawing I had a go at covering my paper with charcoal powder and then using a charcoal stick and a putty rubber draw in the figure.  I think this worked the best for a tonal drawing, and so decided on this medium for my final piece.



My final drawing was on A2 paper.  The proportion may be a little out, but I'm quite pleased with it.  It was a lot easier to draw my model asleep than to try and do detailed facial features with a charcoal stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment