Wednesday 11 January 2012

Part Four- Drawing figures

For this project we had to draw quick poses of our models using different materials.  The focus was on getting the proportions right but also on sketching rapidly to lock our concentration on what was most essential.



I tried my hand at some A3 size pastel sketches also.  I found the whole thing a bit tricky as the course suggests drawing from the middle of the body out to the feet and the head.  I didn't actually do this for the pastel sketches, as I felt using the head as a measuring device, I would naturally have to do that first. But, by measuring I was quite surprised by how long the legs and arms needed to be to achieve the right proportions.  I'm not sure I got it quite right!


The next exercise was to try and do a longer pose.  This was the result of three quarters of an hour sketching.  I underestimated the length of the body again, and ended up running out of paper where the foot should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment