Sunday 10 October 2010

Composition of natural objects

This week has been incredibly hectic, and I have not achieved quite as much drawing as I had first hoped.  My first sketch was returning to the theme of reflected light and I spotted the lamp in the corner of the room one evening and thought that would be a good subject.

I then went on to try 'Composition of natural objects'.  My first sketch of the peppers and garlic, came about after looking round our rather neglected vegetable patch.  Surprisingly, there I found two wonderful looking peppers which fitted the theme beautifully.  Sadly the drawing does not do them justice.

Having had only mild success with this I took my time to plan the second drawing using quick sketches to see which composition looked best.  I settled on the bottom right one and I was really pleased with the results. I still have a lot of trouble deciding what looks like a good composition, but I think taking the time to plan the drawing really paid off in the end.



1 comment:

  1. Karen - I am really impressed! I agree with the planning. I'm hopeless at planning and always regret it. A badly planned picture beautifully drawn is still a bad picture! Can't believe this is all new to you. They look great. Emma

    ReplyDelete